Monday, October 10, 2011

First week home!

Well, part of this post was supposed to occure before I had Landon, but he came early so I never got around to it. So, for journaling purposes, it's late, but done! Here I am about 36 weeks pregnant...little did we know that just a week or so later the baby would be here.

If there was one thing I craved the most this pregnancy, it was fresh salsa! MMM! It makes my mouth water just thinking about it right now! I seriously could not get enough of it! I'm a little sad that the weather has turned colder and all the fresh veggies are now more scarce!
And now for the birth story. Sunday, October 2, my water broke just before 2 in the morning. It's one of those weird feelings where I wasn't sure if I had just peed the bed or if my water had broke. My water broke with Carson, so I was pretty sure that was what was going on, but still wanted some sort of confirmation. My contractions were pretty far apart (like 20 minutes) so I just tried to go back to sleep, but it was pretty much hopeless. All I could think about was all the things I still needed to do before we left for the hospital and how glad I was that the day before, I thought to put up the baby bed and get some other things ready for the baby. Around 7, Christian woke up and I asked him if he was ready to have a baby today. I'm not entirely sure that he thought I was serious, but I told him that my water had broke and we were going to have a baby today. We then preceeded to pack bags for the boys and for ourselves. Christian was anxious to get to the hospital because we had to drive 30 miles to Powell and he didn't want things to go as they did when I had Travis where I was dialated to an 8 when we arrived and just about didn't have time to get administered or get some drug relief. Grandpa Asay came and got the boys and they spent the day at their house. We arrived in Powell around 9, got admitted, and found that I was only dialated to a 4. We walked for an hour, got checked again, made a little more progress, walked some more and then the dr. and I decided to start pitocin so that we could get things moving a little faster. I was put on pitocin around 1 and after that, things moved REALLY fast! They were giving me my shot of relief (can't remember what it was called and even if I did, I probably couldn't spell it) as I was feeling the need to push. As soon as they were done, I laid back down and pushed through 5 contractions and at 2:35 p.m., Landon Foulger Asay joined our family! He had just a tad of dark hair and had some characteristics like both of his brothers! He weighed 6 pounds 6 ounces and was 18 1/4 inches long.

Proud daddy finally getting to hold his new boy for the first time!

Cute little nakie guy!

New big brother Travis seeing his little brother.

What excited big brothers!

Carson and Landon meet! Carson has been so excited to have Landon here and wants everybody to come and hold and meet him! He's a pretty proud big brother!

Travy and Landon. Travis has had a little bit harder time with the new addition. He loves his baby but has had a little hard time sharing mom!

Sunday night, we were able to have the majority of both our families come and visit us in the hospital and meet Landon. There were 18, total, of us in the room that night. Grandpa and Grandma Asay with all but one of their grandbabies (we can't wait until Matthew, Charlene and Ian are here to have a complete picture taken).

Part of the crew that was there to visit.

The other part of the crew! We are so blessed to have such great family that have helped us out SO much over the past week! Landon is one lucky boy to get to have all these people as his family!

All ready to head home! We had to wait, and wait, and wait to be discharged. Needless to say,we were more than ready to go home by the time they let us go!

Our first week home has been a good one. Landon is a champion sleeper, something my other two boys weren't unless they were being held...not that I'm complaining...because there is nothing better than snuggling a newborn!! He's good about sleeping in his bed when needed. He's eating great and gaining back the almost half pound he lost after birth. We got to have Sunday dinner at grandma and grandpa Asay's and had to have another picture of the cousins together!

Landon's first bath at home. He didn't like it at first, but once his dad picked him up, he was much more calm.

All clean!We've spent lots of time watching this little guy sleep. I love to watch babies sleep!! He loves his little bed and sleeps great in it!

Travy and his baby! He LOVES to rub his head and asks several times during the day if he can touch the baby or if he can pet the baby's head! He also thinks that Landon should sleep with a little bear that came with his bed. I will leave the room and come back to find that he has put the bear in the bed with him. I will remove it and remind him that the baby is still too small for a bear. If I leave again, and come back, the bear will be there in the bed with never fails! He's so funny! He and Carson, both, sleep with a bear at night, so I guess he figures that Landon would want one too!


Stacey said...

Congratulations!! You look great! Landon does looklikenoth of the other boys! Yu have beautiful babies, Jill!

Lauren said...

Congrats! You do look fabulous! Little boys are so sweet. He's darling, Jill!

The LaPierre Crew said...

Awww...what a sweet little blessing!!! He is just AMAZING!!! I love that his big brothers love him so much...the little bear story is so precious:) I LOVE visitors at the hospital...looks like it was a good thing you got the BIG room for all the family that came to meet your little miracle!!!